We are consulting on the rates for our regulatory fees and levies in the 2022/23 financial year.
Why we are consulting
Our fees consultation follows an annual cycle. In March and April we consult on FCA periodic fees rates for the next financial year - 1 April to 31 March - and any proposed changes to application fees or other fees. We also consult on the Financial Ombudsman Service general levy, the Single Financial Guidance Body levies and illegal money-lending levies for the next financial year.
Who this applies to
- all FCA fee-payers
- any businesses considering applying for authorisation or registration
Background to our fee rates proposals for 2022/23
We have published the 2022/23 Business Plan - setting out our priorities for the coming year and how we plan to achieve our objectives - alongside this CP.
This CP explains how we propose to recover the costs of carrying out this work, covering:
- our annual funding requirement (AFR) and its allocation across fee-blocks
- details of the FCA periodic fees for authorised firms
- FCA fees for other bodies
- the new structure of application fees we introduced in January 2022
- how we handle the revenue from financial penalties imposed on firms
We seek feedback on the proposals in this CP by 12 May 2022.